Online Master in Business Administration
Management: Many Paths to Success
Manager. That one word conjures up a lot images. We think of managers as hands-on leaders, talented coaches, trusted mentors, policy enforcers, role models, and standard bearers. It’s a critical role in any business setting.
Some professionals have a natural aptitude for taking charge. You also need to be able to analyze profit and loss, conduct inventory, prepare reports, understand labor laws, work with vendors, and lead an increasingly diverse workforce in changing times. Being a good manager takes dedication and determination. Being a great manager requires a willingness to learn and grow with each passing day. Now is a good time to start.
The Pepperdine Advantage:
Online MBA with General Management Specialization
Earning your online Master in Business Administration from Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management comes with prestige and recognition. Coupling that degree with a General Management specialization can further elevate your commitment to the future of business and your own career.
Choosing Pepperdine University for your online MBA studies offers many outstanding advantages to business professionals seeking an exceptional educational experience. Enroll with us for the opportunity to:
- Participate in a values-centered, collaborative, and experience-driven online MBA program.
- Enjoy a convenient, learn-anywhere curriculum specifically designed for working professionals.
- Gain a solid foundation in current business and management theory and practice, with a focus on building essential skills.
- Learn from expert faculty with proven experience in the business world as executives, entrepreneurs, and consultants.
- Network with your peers from companies around the world, who share similar goals for their careers.
- Secure your online MBA in Marketing within as little as two years.
Accredited and Award-Winning MBA Program
Founded in 1969, the George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Less than five percent of business schools in the world can claim this status.
The Graziadio School’s mission is “to develop values-centered leaders and advance responsible business practice through education that is entrepreneurial in spirit, ethical in focus, and global in orientation.” Our programs promote the core values of integrity, stewardship, courage, and compassion in support of our belief that Pepperdine University MBA students and graduates can have a positive impact on businesses, communities, and society at large.
We are nationally and internationally recognized as one of the leading business schools in the world, with programs that have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, and the Financial Times. Recent accolades include:
- U.S. News & World Report Top 25 Best Online MBA Programs (2015).
- Leadership Excellence magazine selected the Graziadio School as #15 nationally in leadership development.
- BusinessWeek ranks the Graziadio School #15 nationally by students as completely responsible for having achieved their career goals.
The Pepperdine University Online MBA with General Management specialization gives you much latitude in following the learning path that is right for your career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to select the electives that interest you the most and will add the greatest value to your advanced business education.
Choose from leadership, marketing strategy, accounting, entrepreneurship, and other valuable subjects that can have a positive impact on your career and your future. Our online MBA program will help familiarize you with vital concepts in:
- Financial Laws and Regulations
- Financial Management
- Financial Processing Systems
- Information and Control Systems
- Information Systems
- Market Economics
- Marketing Management
- Operations Integration
- Quantitative Analysis
- Strategic Management
Students who enroll in the online MBA program at the Graziadio School of Business and Management can also gain the knowledge necessary to build their business intelligence in alignment with the challenges of globalization, competition, technological innovation, and ethics in the workplace. Theory combines with practice to help develop the real-world skills needed to analyze and tackle these challenges with confidence and composure
Of course, the chance to become better at managing people is an important part of any MBA program. At Pepperdine University, coursework can help to improve your communication skills, increase your understanding of employee dynamics, and teach you how to identify and develop top talent.
The Future of Management Careers
The outlook for management careers varies by area of specialization. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following managerial positions have the greatest potential for growth through the year 2020:
• Social/Community Service Manager 27% growth rate
• Medical/Health Services Manager 22% growth rate
• Public Relations Manager 21% growth rate
• Computer & Information Systems Manager 18% growth rate
• Construction Manager 17% growth rate
• Administrative Services Manager 15% growth rate
• Training & Development Manager 15% growth rate
• Advertising/Marketing Manager 14% growth rate
• Human Resources Manager 13% growth rate
Making the Choice:
Is an online MBA in Marketing from Pepperdine University Right For You?
Our online MBA program can provide you with immediately actionable skills and knowledge that are relevant to your current career, as well as supportive of your broad-based educational goals in the areas of:
- Human Behavior
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Analysis
The curriculum provided by the Graziadio School of Business and Management is ideal for busy professionals who want online convenience without compromising on quality. Choosing the General Management specialization offers additional advantages for motivated and ambitious individuals who are working as team leads, managers-in-training or assistant managers
If you’ve been thinking about advancing your education as way to become more competitive in the workplace of the future, we encourage you to consider the online MBA offered by Pepperdine University. We look forward to your interest and inquiries.